MC Escher dedicated his life to drawing pictures of impossible things. He wasn't satisfied with mere optical illusions. Escher wanted to have rough sex with your mind, while kicking your brain in the balls at the exact same time. If you've been in a college dorm room, you've seen his work.
We asked you to show us what the world might look like if his aesthetic of the impossible was applied to everyday objects. The winner is below, but first the runners up.
And the winner is ...
Congrats, VerneTheCoconut. You win money.
- Casting Changes That Would Have Improved Movies
- Video Games Summed Up in 140 Characters or Less
- Macro Contest: Modern Phenomena That Are Older Than You Think
- Macro Contest: The Most Misunderstood Movies Ever
- GIF Contest: The Most Frustrating Things/Moments in Famous Video Games
The internet is full of real life examples of these cruelly ironic ad placements, and now you'll be photoshopping your own. These can be real-world ads, like billboards:
Or web ads:
Post your entries in the contest thread.Winner gets $50.
If you'd like to see the entries from this week that didn't make it, see them here. Or, check out some 21 Things You Never Noticed in Famous Pictures. And for pictures too strange to make up, but not too strange to make fun of, check out The Daily Craption Contest.
Got an idea for a future Cracked photoshop contest? Let us know.