We like to think that great ideas just happen. A lightbulb pops up over a genius's head, and the idea appears fully formed. But every finished product is hiding a first draft or prototype that the creator hopes you never find out about. Contrary to what Dan Brown would have you believe, not all of those early drafts are hiding secret messages of Earth shattering importance. In fact, some of them are probably pretty ridiculous.
We asked you to photoshop some terrible early versions of what would become awesome ideas. The winner is below, but first the runners up.
by Diana Cook
And the winner is ...
Congrats, Sanchez .. You win money.
by Sanchez .
- The Week's News Stories, Free Of BS
- Disney Princesses, Reimagined
- Macro Contest (10 winners): Shopping/Money Hacks They Don't Want You To Know
- Macro Contest (10 winners): Things Common In Movies/TV Shows But Nowhere Else
- GIF Contest: People Being Oddly Calm In The Face Of Disaster
The internet has vanished. After the initial shock and panic, how would we adjust? How would you get the things you used to depend on the internet for? What would become of current internet celebrities? Show us in Photoshop, post it in the forums. The best entry will get $50.
Want to see the entries that didn't make it? Go here. Or, check out our look at If History's Greatest Minds Lived in The Modern Era.
Or, for images too strange to make up, check out our Daily Craption Contest.