Scorsese to Follow Blood-Soaked Gangland Thriller with Biopic of Hippie Peacenick
So you’re a titan director, fresh off your first Oscar win for a movie about two men and the path of dead bodies they leave behind them in their quest to find one another. What better project to embark upon next than the life story of the third-most popular member of a band known for their message of pacifism and love? There’s range, and then there’s trying too hard. I have to assume that for Scorsese, this picture may fall into the latter category. As evidence, I present some of his best-loved films and their synopsized plots:
- Gangs of New York: People club each other's heads in with table legs.
- Casino: People soot each other.
- Goodfellas: People shoot each other to Ray Liotta's narration.
- Raging Bull: Two guys try and club each other's heads in with their fists.
- Taxi Driver: A crazy guy kills some folks.