Celebrity doppelgangers – a concept as old as time, however, not everyone is Zoey Deschanel and Katy Perry, with some resemblances becoming an eyebrow-raising “once you see it you cannot unsee it" sort of ordeal.
In January, Twitter user @meItingbytwice posted a call for the platform's users to share their favorite “'forbidden' pairs,” or celebrity duos that are unlikely twins. It may have taken approximately two months, but earlier this week, it seems @meItingbytwice may have finally got the answers they were searching for, their tweet garnering thousands of likes, retweets, and quote tweets as netizens flocked to share snaps of their favorite strange celebrity lookalikes that they – and now apparently we -- cannot unsee.
1. Fiona Apple and Ty Dolla Sign …
2. SoundCloud rap star, Trippie Redd and teen climate activist Greta Thunberg …
3. … and their little brother, Ben Shapiro.
4. Actors Rooney Mara and Tom Hiddleston.
5. Singer Doja Cat and Daphne from Netflix's Bridgerton.
6. iCarly leading lady Miranda Cosgrove and late-night host Jimmy Fallon …
7. …. and their triplet, Michael Jackson.
8. Famous sister act Jaime Pressly, Margot Robbie, and Vanessa Bell Calloway.
9. Notable lip gloss wearer, Lil Mama and Bow Wow (it is currently unknown if his lip gloss is also poppin').
10. The Incredible Hulk and one of the titular boys from To All The Boys I've Loved Before.
11. British celebs Russell Brand and the queen of the me-crow-wav-ay herself, Nigella Lawson.
12. Former FLOTUS Michelle Obama and former FLOTUSSS (First Lady of the U.S.S. Sulaco), Sigourney Weaver.
13. Twinning boy band frontmen, Bang Chan from Kpop group Stray Kids and Andy Samberg of The Lonely Island.
14. Two people we would not want to take in a fight, WWE legend Shawn Michaels and Jennifer Aniston …
15. … and their grandfather, Iggy Pop …
16. … and their other sibling, Kevin Bacon.
17. Hollywood's two favorite victorian orphans, Natalia Dyer and Timothee Chalamet.
18. The hottest people in our improv class, Anna Kendrick and Adam Scott.
19. Stars of beloved, but questionable-upon-rewatch '90s flicks, Adam Sandler and Jason Biggs.
20. America's Daddy, Jeff Goldblum and self-described “Not Jeff Goldblum in blackface," actor Orlando Jones.
21. Highly-cursed TV hosts, Steve Harvey and Dr. Phil.
22. And of course, twins separated at birth, Meryl Streep and Future.
So folks, as questionable as some of these matchups may be, remember, they'll always be less unsettling than Texas Senator and soup lover, Ted Cruz's arsenal of dopplegangers.