Why It's a Bad Idea:
Let's get the obvious out of the way here. There are some high-end dating sites that actually check for criminal backgrounds before allowing people to sign up. At Women Behind Bars, the criminal background is the only prerequisite. This means most dudes will find themselves way in over their innocent little heads, no matter how tough they make themselves out to be on their MySpace page.
But believe it or not, it gets more ominous than that. Look through the profiles on Women Behind Bars and you'll notice a disturbing trend. Most of the ladies ... well ... look like criminals. And they have release dates to match. But as "luck" would have it, the handful that happen to be kind of attractive also happen to be getting out soon. In some cases, real soon.
Now would be a good time to mention a fun fact about Women Behind Bars: they don't even try to verify that the pictures they receive are actually of the inmate.
Release date ... just in time to f**k your s**t up.
Here's what we like to call a recipe for disaster:
1. Get to know said hottie via mail.
2. Fall in love. If you're bright enough to strike up a budding love affair with an inmate, you ARE the type that will fall in love in a couple of months. Have no doubt.
3. Don't bother visiting, she'll be out soon!
4. Upon release, send money for a plane ticket.
5. Find yourself face to face with the 300-pound prison-tattooed she-beast who posted the fake picture on Women Behind Bars and is now standing at your door.
6. Continue relationship or/and be bludgeoned to death.