The cockroach had no intention of leaving, possibly because it was hoping to pilot Selvi like a Megazord. Doctors were able to get it out with a 45-minute operation which combined suction devices and forceps, ending its 12-hour stay in the poor woman's goddamn skull. Both the cockroach and the woman were fine, but had it stayed in there much longer, it would have died and probably caused an infection that could have spread to her brain.
And no, you can't dismiss this as bullshit foreign news. Not only does The Washington Post mention a 1994 case wherein a cockroach burrowed into an American grad student's ear, but they also have a video of the roach being removed from Selvi, which we recommend never, ever watching. So that's something that could happen to you anytime you go to sleep for the rest of your life.
Warning: Not safe for ... f*****g anywhere, really.