Marc Jacobs: vomit- and blood-resistant!
This is such a widely accepted theme in fashion that America's Next Top Model ran an episode dedicated to it. The models were "killed" in different ways -- stabbed, mangled, electrocuted, etc. Real ... beautiful stuff?
To be fair, half of The CW is about lusting for the undead.
The judges didn't say, "Wait a second ... are we making snuff porn?" at any point. Instead they offered comments like "Very beautiful, and dead" or "Death becomes you, young lady." They even scolded one of the models for not looking dead enough. To be fair, that's been about 75 percent of a model's job since the early '90s or so. (The other 25 percent is "smizing," and please do not question how we know that.)
The trend is oddly popular right now, but it's not new. Renowned fashion photographer Guy Bordain shot this for a calendar in 1980:
Happy hemophilia awareness month!
Like other media, necrophiliac fashion photography is governed by a set of well-defined, ghoulish rules. If there's a man in the shot, he'll have a creepily calm, methodical expression. There's no anger on his face, and definitely no remorse. He isn't somebody who would kill a woman in a fit of rage; he's a focused and psychopathic killer. Take this Duncan Quinn ad from 2008. The guy's expression of mild, indifferent surprise would be more at home on the face of a man who's just received an extra side of fries than one holding an exquisitely designed noose.