28 Money Eyebrow-Arching Stats

Cracked pays people to make smart memes. Visit the Photoplasty and Pictofacts Workshop to get in on it.

Pennies cost a cent and a half to produce. Apiece. If that figure doesn't shock you, buckle up. We're sure some of these other startling facts about currency will.

We gave our readers some currency of their own to come up with these.

28
Entry by Andrea Meno

The average CEO has made more money by lunchtime on January 2 than the average worker will make all year.

27
Entry by Busteq

70 PERCENT OF ALL LOTTERY WINNERS LOSE EVERYTHING IN THE FOLLOWING SEVEN YEARS aG OA BREAKING OVERNIGHT ATLANTA JACKPOT WINNER DIES AFTER GOLD PLATING

26

CRACKEDOON If you're planning to invest in multi-level marketing schemes, don't bother. More than 99 percent of those who participate lose money and o

25
Entry by Gareth

In 2014, the average US worker generated value in the amount of $106.00/hour. For their labor, they were paid an average wage of $24. .57/hour. CRACKE

24
Entry by PookieJones

A recent study by Italian economists shows that the wealthiest Florence families from 1427 remain the wealthiest even today, six centuries later. This

23
Entry by Andrea Meno

The martphone industry spends about $10 billion a year on suing over, and buying, patents. (3h 4402 4S0 252a1 25222 A- txcation e Sm ittoas bre srtar

22

Getting an album on [Spotify costs artists 1 111 $50 through music 1 distributors like cdbaby. 1010 0101 PEDAREA NOTR 1011 ATETO 010 EE 00000000T UNIT

If a family of three living in San Francisco makes less than $105K per year ... 00000000 They qualify for Public Housing Assistance.

20
Entry by Andrea Meno

In one of the U.S.'s poorest areas, the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, people make on average less than $8.000 a year. ENTERING PINE RIDGE INDI NPESER

19
Entry by Gareth

In 43 states, jails and prisons can bill inmates for their stay. The fees can be tens of thousands Of dollars, are imposed at the sole discretion of a

18
Entry by Buttersnix

In 2017 TSA collected $869,839.56 in loose change. GRANIN The change was left at airports and they have been collecting about half a million per year

17
Entry by Phighter

According to the U.S. Air Force, 94% ofthe dollar bills they tested harbored bacteria. TH ENTED IB NTITEN #334947230 OEA :IIES This bacteria could cau

16
Entry by Andrea Meno

As of 2017, about 192 million people CRACKED COM were unemployed worldwide. WORKSOURCE OREGON Job Fair Today A country that size would be the world's

15

GRAGKEDDON WENT 035S88 AUCA D160155586 Kids earn an average of $4.13 per lost tooth in the US. That's four times the minimum wage per hour in Mexico.

14
Entry by Hestutomo

Two-thirds of Americans will struggle to come up with $ 1000 for an emergency. Those who make less than $50,000 a year have it worst with around e-qua

13
Entry by Chan Teik Onn

The number of old student loan owners is greater than ever before. The number of people with student loans who are 60 years old or more went from 700,

12
Entry by Chan Teik Onn

According to a survey, 78% of full-time workers in the US live paycheck to paycheck. THENITED STIT O 98 B 4e r N In fact, 25% of those workers can't e

11

CRACKED CO CEESSSACMOA amsornuitc 14t L WAINITLIN Q 12 12 You are wealthier than 15 percent of American households if you have at least a dollar in yo

10

No state's minimum wage is high enough to live alone. The National Low Income Housing Coalition found that in order to make average rent on a one bedr

9

CRACKEDCO COM OKCMY GO players spent about $2.2million a aday onin-app on purchases in2018. $

8

CRACKED CONT I'm Hiding Money Under My Mattress IS STILL VERY REAL. EOSEN A 2017 study found that around 8.4 MILLION U.S. households did not have a

7

Jeff Bezos has enough money to buy everybody in the world a Big Mac. TOYHEOT&S 2041222 OFNMREZCT ZNOSEEIN Eet SO3 OCAS O219 UCYEHOI OF83 CRACKEIDOON

6

CRAGKEDOON AROUND 2/3 OF AMERICAN ADULTS DUNGE CANNOT PASS A BASIC FINANCIAL LITERACY TEST. This shouldn't be shocking when you learn only 17 STATES r

5
Entry by sesu

CRACKEDCO The cost to end world hunger is $30 billion per year -the same amount as drunk Americans spend online annually

4
Entry by SharonN

CRACKEDOON You only need to make $33,000 USD per year to make the cut for the richest T Global 1%.

3
Entry by jimclass

THE VALUE OF ALL THE WORLD'S BANKNOTES AND COINS IS ABOUT $7.6 TRILLION. HOWEVERT THAT IS ONLY 8% OF THE AVAILABLE ACCESSIBLE MONEY. THE OTHER 92%. EX

2

CRACKEDc COM The richest 1% of the world earned 82% of all the money generated in 2017.

1
Entry by sesu

More Monopoly moneyis printed lannually than $1 bills have been in a decade UED THIS STOTES worK ALL DDTS LEOAL PDLIC TENDE AND PRIVATE SATES L OPAMIE