Back in the 90s, it looked like Microsoft might take over the world. But after ten years, Vista, the iPod, and a government lawsuit, we feel pretty safe saying that's not happening. But we're equally certain that it won't be for a lack of trying. Whether they're unleashing the Zune or hip new Microsoft Stores, their ambition is only matched by their painful lack of self awareness. So how long until they try their hand at making, well, everything else?
We asked you to show us what the world might look like if it really did run on Microsoft. The winner is below, but first the runners up.
by Sanchez .
by Rubbin Hood
And the winner is ...
Congrats, tayser. You win money.
- What Dating/Sex Looks Like In Fictional Universes
- Small Changes That Would Make Boring Jobs Awesome
- Macro Contest (10 winners): Movie Subplots More Interesting Than The Movie's Main Plot/Side Characters More Interesting Than The Main Character
- Macro Contest (10 winners): MacGyver-Style Fixes/Repairs For Everyday Things
- GIF Contest: Scenes Made Filthy With Unnecessary Censorship
As Mother's Day proves, society isn't above just making up holidays. There are three kinds of holidays: holidays that honor someone (like Mother's Day), that mark a historic occasion (like Memorial Day) and those that encourage some kind of behavior (April Fools Day). Show us who or what we should be honoring, and how we should be doing it.
Post your entries in the contest thread. Winner gets $50.
If you'd like to see the entries from this week that didn't make it, check here. Or, find out the horrible secrets of 23 famous cartoon characters. And for pictures too strange to make up, but not too strange to make fun of, check out The Daily Craption Contest.
Got an idea for a future Cracked photoshop contest? Let us know.