MC Escher dedicated his life to drawing pictures of impossible things. He wasn't satisfied with mere optical illusions. Escher wanted to have rough sex with your mind, while kicking your brain in the balls at the exact same time. If you've been in a college dorm room, you've seen his work.
We asked you to show us what the world might look like if his aesthetic of the impossible was applied to everyday objects. The winner is below, but first the runners up.
And the winner is ...
Congrats, VerneTheCoconut. You win money.
- If Product Names Described Literally What's In The Box
- How Social Media Would Have Changed Historical Events
- Macro Contest (10 winners): Ridiculous Coincidences That Saved Movie Heroes
- Macro Contest (10 winners): Famous Songs That Aren't About What You Think
- GIF Contest: Strangely Convincing Conspiracy Clips
The internet is full of real life examples of these cruelly ironic ad placements, and now you'll be photoshopping your own. These can be real-world ads, like billboards:
Or web ads:
Post your entries in the contest thread.Winner gets $50.
If you'd like to see the entries from this week that didn't make it, see them here. Or, check out some 21 Things You Never Noticed in Famous Pictures. And for pictures too strange to make up, but not too strange to make fun of, check out The Daily Craption Contest.
Got an idea for a future Cracked photoshop contest? Let us know.