With the announcement of the Nintendo 3DS--the biggest piece of gaming news in several years--we knew that only a web comic could properly capture the internet's reaction, since most gaming commentary is delivered in that format. Rather than make one, we started with a bare-bones teamplate drawn by Ben Driscoll of Daisy Owl fame, and let the Cracked hive mind loose to modify it as they pleased.
Seems innocent enough, right?
We offered $50 to the best entry. The results range from funny, uplifting, to the kind of deeply unsettling horror that will make you want to move to an isolated cabin in the woods.
by Nathan Birch
by Jim Avery
And the winner is ...
Congrats, Charlie. You win money.
- Tiny Changes That Would Save Famous TV Shows
- Subliminal Messages You'd Like to Add
- Macro Contest: Baffling Things Found on Google Earth/Street View
- Macro Contest: Celebrity Lookalikes You Never Noticed
- GIF Contest: Quick, Brilliant Shots You Probably Missed in Movies/Shows
Yeah, those gadgets look cool when they're used in some cartoon or sci-fi blockbuster, but wouldn't be so much fun in the hands of the dumbasses who inhabit reality. Show us all the ways fictional technology could go wrong in the real world, the best Photoshop gets $50.
And head over to Daisy Owl to see what Ben's comics look like when he's handling the writing.