The X-Files was a TV show aired on FOX. It is noted for being a really good show with some of the worst episodes ever broadcast.&&(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Trident') != -1||navigator.userAgent.inde
Just The Facts
- Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) is a shunned, paranoid conspiracy theorist who got shipped off to the basement of the FBI, because he is creepy and everyone hates him.
- Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) is a physician initially sent to report on Mulder for the higher-ups in the FBI.
- Together, they run the X-Files, a department of the FBI that Mulder started so he could prove aliens exist and that the government is hiding them because of 2012 or oil or some shit
- Warning: Spoilers are ahead. Not that matters, you probably aren't going to be catching up on the reruns anytime soon
- Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) is a socially awkward, paranoid loser who spends his life hunting aliens and government conspirators. He also works for the FBI, which makes him exponentionally better than the kind of UFO hunters who, well, watch the show regularly. He is tall, handsome, and has two levels: Mumbling and YELLING. His obsession with UFOs began in his childhood, when his sister Samantha was abducted by aliens. He is one of the best agents for working on violent crimes and serial killers, which the FBI ultimately decided was a waste of his talent, and sent him to a dark basement where he, in all likelihood, spent most of his time watching pornography and surfing various Usenets. That is, of course, until Scully showed up, after which he probably (hopefully) stopped the porn.
- Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) is a skeptical, bitchy, redheaded physician who was assigned to the X-Files. Her superiors originally wanted her to report on Mulder's acitivities. This led to Scully giving a voice over at the end of each episode, concluding what had happened in her reports to the brass. This was abondoned in season 4, and at the end of the next season, The X-Files department was shut down. There's a lesson in that somewhere.
- Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) is an assistant director of the FBI, who is, for most of the time, in command of the two main agents.
- The Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis) who is really damn creepy. He is sort of like the Slender Man: In the 1st season, he just fucking stood there, and he is never not wearing a suit. That- That's about all he has in common with the Slender Man, actually.