Dame Elizabeth "Liz" Taylor (b. 2/27/1932) is a legendary, award-winning English actress who starred and appeared in over 70 films and TV shows from 1942 to 2003.
Just The Facts
- Has violet eyes, which possibly contain hypnotic powers.
- Was best friends with the late Michael Jackson.
- Married eight fucking times.
- Rumor has it she once tried to clone her beloved, dead dog.
Having worked since she was just ten years old, Liz came to international fame during the '50s and '60s when she was regarding as one of the most beautiful and sought after movie stars in the world.
Her most popular films include:
- A Place in the Sun (1951)
- Giant (1956)
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1957)
- BUtterfield 8 (1960)
- Cleopatra (1963)
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
During that time she befriended closeted actors (Rock Hudson, Montgomery Clift), won two Academy Awards (for BUtterfield 8 and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?) and stole the husband of this woman:
One of the many things that makes Elizabeth Taylor so "larger-than-life" is her seven marriages. Thats right, SEVEN. The only person to beat that record is Zsa Zsa Gabor by nine!
List of spouses:
- Conrad "Nicky" Hilton (1950-51) - Socialite and heir of the Hilton Hotel chains, and the great uncle of future famewhores Paris and Nicky Hilton.
- Michael Wilding (1952-57) - Lesser known British actor who starred in films you've probably never heard of.
- Mike Todd (1957-58) - Theatre actor and producer best known for Around the World in 80 Days. Tragically died in a plane crash in 1958.
- Eddie Fisher (1959-64) - Singer who one day decided to divorce his wife and marry her widowed best friend. Also, he's the father of Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia to all you nerdy Cracked readers.)
- Richard Burton (1964-74) - Popular Welsh movie star and one of Liz's most talked about marriages.
- Richard Burton (1975-76) - Again?? Really??
- John Warner (1976-82) - Republican politician.
- Larry Fortensky (1991-96) - Former alcoholic Teamster who just got lucky. EXTREMELY lucky.
It's been 13 years since her last marriage but will she ever tie the knot again? Here's her answer.