Amelia Earhart, you've probably heard of her. remember Sky-Woman? Yeah, that comic was based off of her.
Just The Facts
- Born on July 24th, 1897 in Kansas
- Broke multiple world records, such as the first woman to fly without being in a B-51 Flying Kitchen.
- Disappeared on July 2nd, 1937
- Was likely abducted by aliens
- Was likely abducted by the Japanese Army and became a propagandist
- Was likely shot down by her husband, because she wasn't in the kitchen to make him a sandwich.
- SHE JUST DISSAPPEARED NOTHING TO SEE HERE DON'T AKS QUESTIONS!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
List of records broken
- Speed records for 100 km (and with 500 lb (230 kg) cargo) (1931)
- Woman's world record altitude: 14,000 ft (1922)
- First Woman to fly the Atlantic (1928)
- First woman to fly Autogyro(1931)
- Autogyro Record: 15,000 ft
- First person to cross U.S.A. with an Autogyro
- First woman to fly non-stop, coast-to-coast across the U.S. (1933)
- Woman's speed transcontinental record (1933)
- First person to fly solo between Honolulu, Hawaii and Oakland, California (1935)
- First person to fly solo from Los Angeles, California to Mexico City, Mexico (1935)
- First person to fly solo nonstop from Mexico City, Mexico to Newark, New Jersey (1935)
- Speed record for east-to-west flight from Oakland, California to Honolulu, Hawaii (1937)
DEAD OR JUST OLD?
On her famous flight in July 1937 she was gone. Gone without a trace, some say she was a spy for the Japanese, and her flights were just trips to Japan. Of course, that's retarded and most of the people who claim this theory are fucking tinfoil-hat lunatics who claim that Ted Kennedy was poisoned by the CIA and that the Zionist Jews control the one world govenment. She was really killed by her husband, George P. Putnam, who was angry at her because he was starving to death. Putnam was starving to death because this was the 1930s and any man who made food and was not a surly cook was branded a homosexual and executed, and with his wife constantly flying, and not making him sandwiches, he had no choice but to kill her. He died 13 years later in 1950, although the official cause of death is Kidney Failure, the kidney failure was caused by starvation.