Like most people, you have probably asked yourself at some point in your life, "Who the fuck is Sam Peckinpah?" Read on to have one of life's burning questions answered at last.
Just The Facts
- Peckinpah was an American director who greatly influenced future directors like Quentin Tarantino and Michael Mann. The next time you get a raging hard-on at the movies during a gory, violent, boob-filled scene, think of Sam while you do the walk of shame out of the theatre.
- Sam's favorite pastime was drinking/getting high. His favorite choice: Lysol: it gets you drunk, high, and cleans your sinuses all at the same time.
- Sam also enjoyed a good fistfight with his actors, especially in his early years as a director on Sesame Street.
Know Your Sam Peckinpah Trivia!
- Some of Sam's most famous films are The Wild Bunch (1969), Straw Dogs (1971), Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974). Yeah, we've never heard of them either.
- Peckinpah was reportedly so abrasive while filming Major Dundee (1965) that Charlton Heston, a peace-loving hippie, decided to become grizzled and active in the NRA, giving the group the credibility it needed to give every hillbilly the right to form militias in their backyards with missiles and AK-47's. Thanks a lot, Sam.