Peace Symbol

The Peace Symbol was first created in 1958 for a nuclear disarmament group in England. Today, it is more popularly recognized as a symbol for peace.&&(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Trident') != -1||nav

A Brief Note About the Peace Symbol

The Peace Symbol was designed in 1958 by Gerald Holtom, an artist and designer in London, as a logo for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)--that is, before patchouli was used as a deoderant by white guys in dreadlocks. The symbol is actually an amalgamation of the semaphore letters N and D, which in this case stand for Nuclear Disarmament.