"I was always watching what I said, what I did. You would learn so many things throughout the years, like, gay people do this and gay people say this. I remember one time someone told me that if you say the word 'so' a lot, that's a tell that you're gay. I was so afraid to say the word 'so' in anything I did! That's how crazy things got for me."
Wow. So Lance was so scared of being outed he stopped saying "so." And, yet, he walked around with this haircut:
And he was a member of this band:
Clearly, poor Lance was confused during that tumultuous time. Here are some other things I'm guessing he did to hide his sexuality:
- Messed up choreographed dances on purpose.
- Tried to turn straight by staring at Joey Fatone.
- Refused to have sex with Lou Pearlman like the other guys.
- Told female groupies that "flaccid" was the hip, new "erect."
- Only let Justin get to third base.