For those of you slackers who don't spreken zie Deutsch, here's the scoop:
"It was really frightening," Panettiere said. "Some of us were hit by the [fisherman's] boat hook. But in the end, all we really worried about was the dolphins." Growing emotional, the actress said they were close enough to the dolphins to see them "sky-hopping, jumping out of the water to see us... One little baby dolphin stuck his head out and kind of looked at me, and the thought that it's no longer with us is really difficult to take," she said, tears streaking down her face.
Yes, that's very sad. Next time please wear a bikini.
However, since Ms. Panettiere in a wetsuit saving dolphins went over so well, I'd like to offer my suggestions for further sexy celebrity activism, such as:
- A lingerie-clad Jessica Alba chains herself to an endangered tree, like the one in my backyard
- Scarlett Johansson boycotts clothes for 2008 to protest sweatshops or whatever
- Kim Kardashian refuses to sleep with any more rappers until Paris Hilton is released from jail
- Michelle Obama challenges Obama Girl to a Jello-wrestling match to raise money for her husband's campaign
- Britney Spears goes on a hunger strike to protest her own horrible Halloween costume
- Ben Affleck lays down in front of a bulldozer in a rainforest, preferably one driven by a deaf and blind person