Let' be honest- boobs on the radio can only be interesting for so long. What' really kept fans tuning in since the local Channel 9 TV show days is the feeling that we're listening in on a family- a highly dysfunctional family- but a family, nonetheless. Of all the many facets of the show, the strange camaraderie between Stern and his sidekicks is what we hope stays intact after the move to Sirius.
Here are our favorite moments…
CRACKED' Top 25 Stern Show Moments
25. Artie Lange gets ridiculously drunk in Las Vegas -- and cameras capture every hilariously slurred insult. The carnage is currently up on Howard On Demand (check local cable listings).
24. The Jackie Puppet- commanded by Billy "Ren & Stimpy" West in the mid-'90s-was one brutal block of wood. Most common victim? Jackie "The Joke Man" Martling, of course.
23. World's Meanest Listener Contest: Listeners submit entries roasting the staff of the Stern show. Slipping through a loophole in the system, the Reverend Bob Levy wins, barely beating out Yucko the Clown and Sal the Stockbroker.
22. Backside Boys (animation): This animated parody music video for the Backside Boys' "I Went the Gay Way" is the stuff of legend. The video should be launched into space as an ambassador of the Planet Earth.
21. Craig Gass as Gene Simmons: The anti-Christopher Walken impression. Have you EVER heard of anyone doing a Gene Simmons impression before? Craig-along with Stern crew writing-did everything with this that should be done with an impression: spot-on voice, and (moderate) exaggeration of what makes the real-life Gene what he is… a KISS marketing whore! And then ultimately, Gene met "Gene." Phenomenal.
20. AJ Benza bitch-slaps Stuttering John- and gets banned from the show-almost surreal.
19. "Brown Fingers" video starring Scott the Engineer — circa 1995: The crew alleged that Scott' smoking was so out of control that the cigarette tar was actually staining his fingers brown. Thusly was born a parody of the Stones' "Brown Sugar" and an accompanying music video starring Scott Salem as a seven-foot cigarette.
18. Wood-Yee: He will be missed, as we cannot confirm he's moving over to Sirius. Played by Woody Allen sound-alike Steve the Engineer, he would often sit in when the show had an attractive female guest on… of the Asian persuasion. Typical Wood-Yee proposition: "Go ahead and swallow, I don't contain any MSG." And there were hundreds more.
17. Rita G has the World's Most Perfect Natural Breasts: What was most hilarious about this episode was the legion of K-Rock male employees who were "skeptical" of them being real, and lined up to squeeze them for themselves. Benjy actually resorted to a taste test. (Currently available On Demand).
16. Hollyweird Squares: The game show spoof, using different Wack Pack permutations each time, would throw in an occasional real celebrity for good measure. One hilarious tangent that comes to mind is Howard asking Daniel "KKK Guy" Carver if he'd allow Jeff "The Drunk" Curro into his white-hooded club. Daniel said that he'd have to ask Jeff a few questions first, to see if he'd qualify. Jeff to Daniel: "Ask me the questions, bitch." That disqualified Jeff, right there.
Continue on to moments 15 through 6